There are rich people and the poor too, but money is not the only parameter to classify humans under these two categories. The distinction which we are talking about is individuals who have a good soul if they do not have loads of money. Again, there are people who have amassed huge wealth but are not the owners of golden hearts. We came across the story of a waitress whose act of kindness proved she was rich despite not being wealthy. She seems to believe in the words ‘kindness costs nothing’.
1. Paul Hullings and Tim Young are fire brigade employees and after fighting with fire for about 12 hours, they headed to have dinner
2. While in the restaurant, they talked about their hectic schedule and the dangers they met with. When they were done eating, they asked for the bill and instead they received this.
3. It was a note from one of the waitress named Liz Woodward, who overheard their conversation. The note which she sent across touched the hearts of the fire fighters. Tim Young published it on the web with these lines, “Such a selfless and kind act. I definitely urge my friends to make a trip out and support the business, and if Liz happens to be your waitress, tip big.”
4. Tim further enquired about Liz and her family and he then realized that the young woman herself was in need of financial assistance. Her father was paralyzed and to buy him a proper wheelchair, she put up a page on the net asking for donations. Tim requested people to help her in her endeavour and stated, “Turns out, the young lady who gave us a free meal is really the one that could use the help…”
5. Tim’s request worked wonders as the donation page which Liz set up gathered around $70,000. All she needed for the wheelchair was $17,000, and this help which they received overjoyed them. Liz later said, “All I did was pay for their breakfast. I didn’t expect anything more than a smile. It goes to show that you just have to be kind to each other and that even the smallest gesture can change a life.”
Her story inspired us to the core, share if you too think her tale of kindness needs to reach far and wide.