Maybe this question was first asked by a caveman who time travelled to the present. Actually, this is something which most people use almost daily in their lives to get to places within a building. That’s Right the answer is Lift/Elevator.
Here are some fun facts about Lifts:
1. The very first installation of modern elevator was in 1857 in the New York City Hotel.
2. Using lifts caused sickness in some people, due to the sudden upward movement and it’s called the “Elevator Sickness”.
3. Back in the day, it was a custom for men to remove their hats when a woman is present in the room. Lifts often caused a confusion when came to this etiquette since people didn’t know whether to consider it a room.
4. There are over 900000 lifts in the US alone.
5. In 2012, Out the Nine hundred thousand lifts produced, 58% of it was bought by China.
6. Every three days, elevator carry people equal to the entire population of earth.
7. The first written record of a simple elevator is from 3rd century BC Greece. It was an invention by Archimedes.
8. Elevator music was a introduced in the 1920s to calm down people who feared traveling in an elevator.